[WikiEN-l] Should we block unregistered AOL users?

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Thu Jul 27 11:40:18 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> I've just had confirmation that this should be working. From AOL this morning:
>
>>I have just now added all the domains you have listed below to our
>>config to get XFF headers. You should see them sometime later today when
>>the process is finished updating all of our web proxies.

We still seem to be getting edits from some AOL proxies, at least in the
195.93.21.*, 152.163.100.* and 207.200.116.* ranges.  Maybe some of the
proxies are still not providing the headers, or perhaps they're missing
from our trusted XFF list?

Given that the XFF setup doesn't seem to work perfectly, the question
remains whether we should apply anon-only range blocks to those proxies.

--
Ilmari Karonen