[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia number 2 on Sydney Morning Herald list of music sites

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:04:14 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:
> Steve Bennett wrote:
> >
> >>Because of copyright laws, the site doesn't have much by contemporary
> >>artists but its classical collection is growing daily. Mozart and Beethoven
> >>are best represented, with more than 20 pieces each. Other composers have
> >>fewer files, and they are in the "Ogg Vorbis" format, which won't play on an
> >>iPod although they are compatible with most computer players.
> >
> > Where are we getting these copyright-free recordings from?
>
> Haven't downloaded many, but the ones I found were all cheap MIDI
> synthesised versions.
>
> Timwi

Actually, there is some really great stuff on wikipedia. A list can be
found at [[Wikipedia:Sound/list]]. All of them are properly licensed
(many, I notice come from a site called Free music!) which might be
due to the fact that the majority of them were uploaded by Raul654.

Check it out, it's really cool! Some of them live converted on my iPod
right now.