[WikiEN-l] The Onion article on Wikipedia

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:56:30 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Garion96 <garion96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Saw this on the administrators' noticeboard.
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50902

Good example of why I can't stand the Onion. Fact and fiction (or
satire, if you prefer) totally mixed together, with no way of knowing
which is which.  Some of the satire is well targeted, like the crack
about LCD's influence on the drafting of the US constitution (we do
have that kind of problem), but some is nonsense, like the Chuck
Norris mention or the misspelling in "American Inderpendance". The
article could make some telling points about vandalism, and other
points about inaccuracies or hoaxes, but instead mixes them together
as if they were the same thing.

Why isn't there any good satire?

Steve