[WikiEN-l] Uploading images should be a privilige, not a right

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Mon Jul 24 06:56:41 UTC 2006

Oldak Quill wrote:

> I would suggest we stop claiming that "anyone can edit" the project.
> It is a misleading and false.

This has been suggested quite often.  We even have a concrete proposal
for the new slogan, based on the one used on the German Wikipedia: "good
authors are always welcome".

I expect it'll eventually get changed, once the organizational inertia
is overcome.  Not necessarily to the version propsed above, but to
_something_ other than the current slogan.  The one we've got now isn't
really very good, for precisely the reason quoted above; it also tends
to get interpreted by some people as "anything goes" or "no editorial
control", which can create an unfavorable first impression.

--
Ilmari Karonen