[WikiEN-l] Tech help: Video format conversion

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 21:54:38 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06, Nathan <lists at home.nathanr.com> wrote:
> I'm getting rather sick of the argument, myself.

Then why did you said you'd convert it then fail to do so?!?!

I'm not arguing, I'm telling you what format it must be in in order to
upload the files to Wikipedia.

I'd offered to convert it myself, but doing so would require
non-trivial effort on the shockwave side from me... since you said you
had tools to do it, I figured I'd let you do it.   When it sounded
like you might not know how to convert an AVI that your tools produced
to Ogg/Theora I offered to do that for you.

I don't see what the problem is... Are you going to convert the file
to at least AVI?   Or should I figure out how to do it?