[WikiEN-l] Categories for deletion/discussion issues

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:32:57 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> It'd probably be a good idea to move it from "Limited-access roads"
> but I'm not sure what to. "High-speed roadways" is a problem in that
> some rural lanes in Texas have higher speed limits than interstates
> (as someone mentions in the discussion). "Freeway and motorway" is
> problematic because these are just two examples of what these
> structures are named.
>
> How about something like "High-throughput roadways"?

This is going to be one of those great debates, I can see.  The
current situation is awesome:

Category:Limited-access roads
This category is for [[highways with full control of access and no
cross traffic]]. It is not for [[limited access road]]s, as that is an
ambiguous term.

A category that is not to contain items about itself! :)

How do people get so worked up about it? Can't you just put all
highways into  [[Category:Highways]], then freeways into cat:freeways
and so on, and just, well, stop squabbling? If there's no good term
that covers all these things, maybe the category doesn't need to
exist? Maybe it should just be a list?

Wow, there's even an AfD on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slang_terms_for_freeways_and_expressways

I love it.