[WikiEN-l] Categories for deletion/discussion issues

SPUI drspui at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:58:33 UTC 2006

Oldak Quill wrote:
> I just reread the discussion and have realised that there are more
> opposes and alternate suggestions (High-speed roadways) than
> originally suggested.
>
> It'd probably be a good idea to move it from "Limited-access roads"
> but I'm not sure what to. "High-speed roadways" is a problem in that
> some rural lanes in Texas have higher speed limits than interstates
> (as someone mentions in the discussion). "Freeway and motorway" is
> problematic because these are just two examples of what these
> structures are named.
>
> How about something like "High-throughput roadways"?

There are ten-lane surface roads and two-lane freeways. This is a
category of freeways - highways with full control of access and no cross
traffic. The bit about not all places using that term is not a problem,
as we have to choose a term, and no one has put forth an alternate term.
A Category:Elevators would include elevators where they are called lifts.