[WikiEN-l] fancruft

ScottL scott at mu.org
Thu Jul 20 08:03:59 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Trivia sections must die, in all articles, period. If you see one, do
> Wikipedia a favor and move it to the talk page (or remove it
> entirely).
>
> Erik

   My impression of the trivia sections is that they serve a very
important purpose.  They are the compromise that keeps the trivia out of
the rest of the article.  Now I am not saying I like them, but if you
remove them then the contents of the section will work its way back into
the article.  It will be spread out where readers will find it and it
will reflect poorly on us.  Now if its keep in a trivia section the blow
to our image is less or possibly totally mitigated, and I admit
sometimes I am in the mood for a bit of trivia.

Dalf