[WikiEN-l] insist on sources

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 07:52:45 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, ScottL <scott at mu.org> wrote:

>    I don't know.  I think we can go too far in referencing every fact in
> an article.  Do you need a verifiable reference to say that Harry potter
> and the Half blood prince is a work of fiction?  I mean if that is the
> standard then every article on wikipedia needs {{fact}} plastered all
> over it.

Again, have a look at the article in question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, released on July 16, 2005, is
the sixth novel in J. K. Rowling's popular Harry Potter series. There
are seven novels planned."

At least the part about the seventh novel can and should be
referenced. By the way, the last sentence is starting to weasel. Who
exactly is planning: The publisher, the author, the marketing
department?

Mathias