[WikiEN-l] OT question about spam

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:48:59 UTC 2006

Sorry for this totally off topic question about spam, but there seem
to be some pretty cluey people on this list.

In the last couple of months, I've been getting a lot of email replies
to emails I never sent, including a lot of spam challenge-responses
and a few "I'm out of the office" type messages. I have two theories:
* I have some malware on my computer sending out emails.
* Someone is forging mails with my address as the sender.

I should point out that any mail at the stevage.com domain gets to me,
so quite a few messages are addressed to asdfdasd at stevage.com etc.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them (probably
reply off list...?). Mostly I just want to know if it's something I
should do something about, and whether I should feel responsible for
all this spam that is apparently being sent under my name...

Steve