[WikiEN-l] Image statistics -- 374 000+ "fair use" images

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Mon Jul 17 20:30:56 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>Please don't make automated moves..  Commons is not yet as effective
>at dealing with En's copyright problems as en is.

That's why I said "semi-automated". For instance, since I know
about stamps, my ideal is that I should be able to review the
PD-stamp category, move all the dubious ones over to fair use for
later disposal, then give a command to move the remainder. Larger
amorphous categories could be done in groups, a la FlickLickr.

Also, I would expect that prior to requiring uploads to commons,
that commons sign up enough additional reviewers and admins to
deal with the added workload. I know there are a bunch of people
who would relish commons' "shoot on sight" policy - en: always
feels bogged down in legalisms by comparison... :-)

Stan