[WikiEN-l] Human dignity

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Sun Jul 16 20:25:39 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
> On 7/16/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Better example:
>>http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22Brian+Peppers%22%2C+%22Jimmy+Wales%22&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
>>
>>The search volume does seem genuine, given that it's highly
>>concentrated in Ohio, Peppers' place of residence.
>
> A better one would "Brian Peppers", "Tom Thumb", "Zip the Pinhead"

I'd expect most of the searches for "Tom Thumb" are for the folklore
character or for the grocery store chain.

Anyway, I doubt Google Trends is much use in gauging the relative
notability of "people with congenital deformations".  For comparing
"internet memes", however, it is probably a fairly good estimate.

--
Ilmari Karonen