[WikiEN-l] Israel News Agency

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Sun Jul 16 13:57:31 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> Matt Brown wrote:
>>On 7/9/06, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm startled that Google News finds "Israel News Service" worthy of
>>>inclusion among its sources.
>>
>>I'm not so sure Google News has much of a bar to inclusion.
>
> Their bar to inclusion is that they've spidered it.

It's slightly higher than that: they don't usually accept single-person
news sources (read: blogs), and there are apparently some odd technical
requirements as well.  But yes, the bar is rather low.  It seems the
fact that some of the INA stories have bylines other than Leyden's is
enough to qualify it as "not a blog" as far as Google News is concerned.

--
Ilmari Karonen