[WikiEN-l] Human dignity

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 02:14:37 UTC 2006

> I am curious to know whether very many people agree with me that "human
> dignity" is a valid reason for a "delete" vote in a case like this.

We need two things, really.

A sensible deletion process.

A sensible deletion review process.

I'm not saying that the current processes don't have many good, decent
and well meaning adherents.  But they don't work.  They are often
actively, perversely, resistant to commonsense decisions, they attract
trolls and people who are prone to abusing Wikipedia as a forum for
advancing their point of view. A spurious concept of concensus is
endemic, and the sheer poisonous nature of the current processes seems
(by personal reports I've had) to repel many otherwise highly involved
and motivated editors.