[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is forever.

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sat Jul 15 15:28:33 UTC 2006

Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
> Or, is it the belief here that a "living" Wikipedia, still being
> actively updated and open to such updates from the general public,
> will continue to exist for centuries to come?

I'd say it's likely that some such thing will exist, whether called
"Wikipedia" or not; possibly even multiple such things.  I find it hard
to imagine a scenario in which the idea of collaboratively building an
encyclopedia through a global communications
medium falls entirely out of favor and isn't revived by anyone.

-Mark