[WikiEN-l] The secure server?

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:45:51 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, mboverload <mboverload at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm forced to use an unsecure wireless connection for a bit and I can't find
> the address of the wikipedia secure server - it encrypts the password right?
>
> mboverload

Well, there are some solutions here. Generally in the anonymity class-
I2P might work for you (most TOR proxies are blocked, but I don't
believe we've gotten around to the I2P proxies yet), and there are
various services like anonymizer.com
Of course, you could just  go for a free shell account and use SSH to
log in, which would encrypt your traffic (an example of such an
account provider being [[Super Dimension Fortress]]).

None of this actually answers your question, but it might help.

~maru