[WikiEN-l] POV nomenclature

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 00:20:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:53:22 -0400
jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was an official Hezbollah operation. Hezbollah is *part* of the
> Lebanese government. There are Hezbollah *ministers* in the
> government.

An official Hezbollah operation? Who is Hezbollah? A political
party in Lebanon that is currently in power, or any lebanese people
that perform terrorist acts against Israel?

Did Hezbollah publish the announcement to capture israeli military
on their website? their blog? Did the civilian government of
Lebanon authorize commando actions against israel? Did they
maybe make a radio speech? Did they vote on those kidnappings or what?

Or was it a small group of terrorists that acted on their own,
when by now every anti-israel-lebanese calls himself "Hezbollah"?

Ever heard of Al-Quaida, this little CIA-backed group lead
by the late Osama Bin Laden? Yet almost every anti-american
terrorist group claims, at least to have links to Al-Quaida.

Its just [[namedropping]]. "We're angry Bob and rabid Robert and
we take responsibility for these acts of terrorism, which, well,
mount up to pointing a gun at a lone guy and telling him
to follow us", just doesn't sound that impressive, does it?

Jayjg, come to your senses.

Israel is attacking a country whos government has condemned
the very attacks that are now being held against it.

"Hezbollah" is not a homogenous group, nor do they have a strong
hierarchy. Terrorists organizations especially cannot afford
strong hierarchies because it would be too easy to take them out.

What you can criticise about Lebanon and its Government, is that
their police do not seem to delight helping Israel getting their
citicens back. But you can probably guess why that is.

Pretending that the Israeli atrocities against Lebanese civilians
are the just and proportionate answer to the kidnapping of Israelis
by Lebanese criminals is horribly POV and, bluntly, batshit insane.

Please reconsider your own position.