[WikiEN-l] Borderline notable bios (yes, again)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 23:53:25 UTC 2006

On 14/07/06, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/14/06, Sue Reed <sreed1234 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > While working on something completely different, I came across the page for
> > > [[Eric_the_Midget]].
> >
> > You could call this "Sterncruft" (SCNR). There's a lot of it on WP. Of
> > course, the crucial difference to Peppers is that Peppers did not
> > choose to become the object of ridicule and humiliation.
>
> The other crucial difference is that Peppers is convicted of a felony
> (and not a victimless felony either, but one involving force or threat
> of force).  Unless the Ohio government seriously screwed up, Peppers
> is not an innocent victim.

It is, of course, possible to be guilty of one thing and not guilty of
another. I know a chap who was convicted for a particularly farcical
robbery attempt; he's guilty, no doubt, and it wasn't a victimless
crime. But if I wandered around this evening and kicked him in the
face, he'd be pretty justified in considering himself an innocent
victim of my mindless assault.

I don't see how Peppers being convicted of something means we should
help people kick *him* in the face because they feel like it.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk