[WikiEN-l] Legal threats

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 13 21:23:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:25:38 -0500, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com>
wrote:

>The difference between Clinton's saxaphone playing and this situation
>is that the mention of the former is not harmful to Clinton; and the
>difference between a politician whose career is ruined by a scandal is
>that it'll have attached itself to his name, whereas in GLF's case,
>that appears not to be the case.

>Wikipedia doesn't benefit from including the information about GLF,
>but he will be harmed if we do. Therefore, we ought not to. Fairness
>is as important as accuracy when writing about living people, if not
>more so.

He left the Monday Club after being convicted of theft from a health
authority.  Without that information his leaving makes no sense.

Not only that, precedent for mentioning the case is already there -
GLF's fan club included it, albeit with a lie about his having been
cleared on appeal.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk