[WikiEN-l] POV nomenclature

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 18:51:28 UTC 2006

--- George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am afraid that I am going to have to ask you to agree to disagree on
> this point.
>
> I do not believe that Wikipedia can survive on NPOV alone, or NPOV
> raised on a pillar above all other policies and common sense.

Then we should probably replace the clause "absolute and non-negotiable"
with "catch-as-catch-can." (See [[Catch wrestling]])

> I suspect that general consensus agrees with me on this point.

I suspect you are right (ironically enough).

> That is not a style guide; it's an official policy.

I submit this point. I had read the lede sentence:
  "Naming conventions is a list of guidelines"
and presumed it was of soft nature. Forgive my misuse of the term "guide."

> Your desire that it not be is evident, but that's your opinion, not an
> accurate reflection of existing policy in my opinion.

Sure, fine, whatever.

-Stevertigo