[WikiEN-l] Legal threats

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Jul 13 18:07:26 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:JzG&diff=prev&oldid=63624163

The article in question originally stated that the subject, a minor
far-right Tory, was cleared on appeal of charges; actually it turns
out he was convicted.  Ever since that fact went into the article
there has been a war waged, with legal letters sent to Ed Chilvers,
now threatened to me, Brad involved, and so on.  Having failed to have
the article pulled by Brad they submitted a complaint through OTRS
which resulted in stubbing; we do not know (because nobody will tell
us) whether this was because of supposed imbalance, in which case we
can start rebuilding to NPOV standards immediately, or whether it was
their novel interpretation of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act,
which conflicts with the text of the act as posted.

These people are apparently determined to have a hagiography or
nothing, and they also appear to want to intimidate away anybody who
has any interest at all in keeping the article factual.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG