[WikiEN-l] Borderline notable bios (yes, again)

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 00:56:26 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimmy, I think this is a case where your famous divine intervention
> might be helpful to establish a general principle, so I'd appreciate
> your input.
>
> We have Angela (Beesley) on AfD now:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Angela_Beesley_%283rd_nomination%29

Two comments:

- Imagine the field day the press and Wikipedia pundits will have --
seasoned Wikipedians get special treatment on the "NPOV" encyclopedia.
Apparently, neutral only applies to the rabble. Is there really no
cabal?

- Why isn't semi-protection, or even full protection, adequate? The
first line in the AfD is, "I'm sick of this article being trolled.
It's full of lies and nonsense." Why not just lock it down. As others
have mentioned, Angela is co-founder of Wikia, has been a high profile
international evangelist for Wikipedia and historically, still notable
as serving on the first Wikimedia board.

As someone penning a book about Wikipedia and its history, including
the creation of Wikimedia Foundation, you can imagine my feelings on
this.

Please don't take this to mean bio subjects should be left out to hang
in the wind. But this would set a bad precedent in terms of
consistency. And Wikipedia would get criticism for it, and deservedly
so.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)