[WikiEN-l] Persondata?

poore5 at adelphia.net poore5 at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 11 23:10:33 UTC 2006

---- Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:
> poore5 at adelphia.net wrote:
> > Hello Magnus,
> >
> > Could you explain a little more about how you plan to use the tool?
> >
> > I have some concerns about using it on Biographies of living people on Wikipedia-en. We have too much unverified information added to these article. I strongly believe that each article needs to be examined closely to verify the content meets our Wikipedia:BLP guidelines before it is added to a template.
> >
> Well, it can't run fully automatically, there has to be a user making
> the changes. I could prevent the tool from showing a template for people
> with no death date (=probably living;-) if there's great concern about
> that. Otherwise, the tool doesn't generate new data; it merely tries to
> extract the data already in the article and put it into a form that is
> more machine-readable.
>
> Magnus

I thought you said something about doing whole categories. I got the impression that the tool would convert a whole group of articles, over course one after another.

Who would use the tool? Does a human need to verify each fact (not sure of a better word) before it goes into the template?

If not I'm concerned about some false information slipping through.

Otherwise it sounds great.  : - )

Take care,
Sydney aka FloNight