[WikiEN-l] Joke

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Jul 11 21:35:47 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

I removed the jokes.  Mikka reverted.  My reasoning:
* no reliable sources for these being considered representative of the
classes of joke discussed
* this is about the concept of the joke, it is not [[List of jokes]]
(and most especially not [[List of randomly selected and generally
abysmal jokes]])
* several are gratuitously offensive.  It should be possible to read
the article on joke, be told that racist jokes exist, but not be
subjected to them unless you visit a separate article
* WP:NOT a joke book
* cruft, cruft, cruft and more cruft.  Most are drive-bys.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG