[WikiEN-l] GFDL Templates

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 05:18:05 UTC 2006

On 7/9/06, Bogdan Giusca <liste at dapyx.com> wrote:
> Apparently, some people don't like the GNU drawing in the GFDL
> template and so, for esthetic reasons, a new template was born:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:GFDL-nologo
>
> The reason given, on the edit summary, was:
>
> "some people were annoyed by the cartoon"
>
> Should we have many copyright templates, one to fit everyone's
> taste or just one standard, vanilla-flavored template?

Gee, as  the creator, I think I have some say here. I did it in order
to deprecate and replace GFDL-small, which was on TFD and was deleted.

This was in order to get rid of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:GFDL-small&oldid=41582744
which ws an attempt at minimizing the most possible the display of the
GFDL notice.

So I got rid of it, but then people complained, so I opted for a
smallr and simpler version of GFDL as a compromise on both issues
(noral tempalte is huge, but -smalll was almost afootnote)

See my talk and TFD archives for the discussion.

Ask first, shoot later.