[WikiEN-l] Ken Lay's death prompts confusion on Reuters

Puppy puppy at KillerChihuahua.com
Sat Jul 8 23:47:28 UTC 2006

mboverload wrote:
> I didn't say to block them!
>
> The only POSSIBLE way to stop anon users from vandalizing is blocking all of
> them.  Just like the only way to stop registered users from vandalizing is
> blocking all of them.
>
> I stated the obvious.

>> So we ban users like 69.145.123.171, and only accept users who register,
>> like Jason Gastrich? Um.... I'm thinking there is a word for this... oh,
>> the word is NO.
>> One puppy's opinion....
>> -kc-

Then perhaps you were unclear. I didn't say block them. I said "ban"
them. Just as you did not say "vandals" you said "stop anon users from
editing." You didn't say "vandalizing" you said "editing." You see my
confusion. I appreciate you clarifying that you support the current
methodology, which is to encourage and welcome any contributor,
registered or not, and only block those who vandalize and disrupt.

-kc-