[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sat Jul 1 02:36:30 UTC 2006

> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

> I on the other hand am wondering whether we shouldn't consider putting
> Mr Awbrey on moderation, in an effort to increase the signal to noise
> ratio on this list. I appreciate your good faith effort to get
> something out of this "exit interview", but if you look at the thread
> as a whole, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

General: Away, away!
Police: Yes, yes, we go!
General: These pirates slay!
Police: Tarantara!
General: Then do not stay!
Police: Tarantara!
General: Then why this delay!
Police: All right, we go! Yes forward, Yes, forward on the foe, on
the foe, Yes, forward on the foe!
General: Yes, but you _don't_ go!
Girls: They go, they go!
Police: We go, we go! Yes forward, Yes, forward on the foe, on the
foe, Yes, forward on the foe!
General: Damme, you _don't_ go!
Girls: At last they go,
Police: We go, we go,
Girls: At last they go, at last they go!
Police: We go, we go,
Girls: At last they really, really go!
Police: We go, we go, we go, we go!

--W. S. Gilbert, "The Pirates of Penzance"