[WikiEN-l] note David Gerard's just placed on [[WT:AFD]]

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:41:57 UTC 2006

On 1/27/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:
> That said, I'd prefer a dynamic metadata system so that any arbitrary
> piece of text could be matched to a source, the editor who wrote it,
> and so forth. But that would be way, way beyond any of the software
> we have now in complexity, I think.

I worry about the usability of such a system and about its impact on
our users - particularly, it would increase the learning curve for
newbies quite substantially.

I also have concerns about moving away from a text-based article
source, or about the unreadability of a text-based version of this.

-Matt