[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] An outsider's view on en-admin-onlywhatever and the rest

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 26 04:19:53 UTC 2006

I'd like to see a better system in place, but from what I can see it fills a
valuable need, and I am impressed at the quality of some of the responses
given by the volunteers.

I think that, given the nature of a lot of the questions, this needs to be
in some sort of email format. Many of those seeking help are obviously
unwilling to click the "edit" link and fix a simple error. Maybe they don't
believe that they can do this and they somehow need approval.

Anyway, for that reason it couldn't be replaced by a wiki. I haven't seen
enough of it in operation to determine if some sort of ticketing system
would be helpful, but what it sorely needs is more volunteers IMHO.

I'll help out as best I can. I do this sort of thing on another site and
enjoy helping users.

Peter (Skyring)