[WikiEN-l] We aren't here to write an encyclopaedia, are we?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Jan 25 15:28:04 UTC 2006

I think your approach is the right one.  For things like "List of ethnic
slurs" the only approach I've ever seen to turn them into good articles
is to get positively hardcore about cites.  Ask around for help, a lot
of good editors will back you up.

[[Inherently funny words]] used to be nonsense, but now it is (usually)
a quite interesting and quirky article, because it has sources.