[WikiEN-l] 3RR, a proposed update

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:27:30 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Jonathan <dzonatas at dzonux.net> wrote:

> The 3RR policy is valid. By pragmatic review, not every admin blocks
> under the same conditions. This gives the effect of favoritism, either
> personal or political.

This could be resolved if admins were to be less thoughtless in their
blocking.  I've seen 3RR blocks of 24 hours handed out like parking
tickets.  Usually two or three hours is ample for a first-time block.
In the case of a second offence, bump it up to 12 or even 24 hours.
I'll normally respond to requests for an unblock if the editor in
question has shown good faith or there are reasons to suspect an
innocent error (though I would need some convincing the someone could
accidentally revert an article more than once!)