[WikiEN-l] Re: Admin meeting

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Mon Jan 23 11:04:20 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:

>On 1/22/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>There are Foundation-level issues that need to be kept to some degree
>>>of confidence.
>>>

>>Then they stay at foundation level.
>>

>There aren't enough people at "foundation level" to deal with them.
>They *have* to push them out to the people on the ground or they won't
>get done.
>
>Apparently, we need some level between "admin" and "steward"/"board
>member", since our admins are little more than a ragtag bunch of
>rabble anyway.
>
>Kelly

Bureaucrat? Adminship is no big deal, but bureaucratship sure is, and I
have no doubt that every single one of the bureaucrats on en is
trustworthy. The only problem is that most of them (with the *possible*
exceptions of Raul, Linuxbeak and Ilyanep) are rather isolated from
those in the trenches. (At least Raul deals with our featured article
issues, Linuxbeak is active on ANI and other similar fora, and
Ilyanep...well, I've seen him around so he can't be that high up in the
ivory tower yet.)

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])