[WikiEN-l] Re: A Wikipedia lynching

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:38:10 UTC 2006

"Rob Smith" <nobs03 at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:52a8cf060601221206t3fe7d93bm41bfe58f23696658 at mail.gmail.com...
[snip]

I selected this because it's the quickest to refute:
> Here he refers to Prof. Klehr's work as "outrageous McCarthyite POV
> Red-baiting defamatory Blacklist
> "
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers&diff=34527735&oldid=34519165

No he doesn't.

He earlier added some commentary on the list which according to the edit
summary "added critical POV to balance page list".

This was then removed with the comment "this page is a list of names, not a
forum to debate their significance".

The edit in question restres the commentary with the summary"Revert:
Otherwise this is an outrageous McCarthyite POV Red-baiting defamatory
Blacklist".

In other words, the words you quote above refer to our article on the
subject, not to the list itself, with the disclaimer that this description
covers a version of the list without commentary.

My phrase of the week: ingenuous cobblers [1]

HTH HAND
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]