[WikiEN-l] Re: #wikipedia-en-admins

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 05:26:34 UTC 2006

As for the "decisions" thing, I assume they are talking about decisions re:
admin actions, like blocking and page protection. Personally, I'm not as
interested in opinions from non-admins about administrative actions.  There
are two reasons for this: First off, people who are not admins don't have
the kind of experience with these problems -- from the perspective of
someone trying to solve it -- to be able to talk about it with some kind of
awareness. Second, I assume (perhaps naively) that if someone were able to
understand admin-related situations, think them through, and come to a
decision, they would be admins themselves already.

Ryan