[WikiEN-l] Merkey libels Wikipedians

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Jan 23 03:20:41 UTC 2006

In case you haven't seen it, the infamous [[Jeffrey Vernon Merkey]]
has brought back his (long-offline) site:

http://www.merkeylaw.com/

(Despite the "law" in the URL, he's not a lawyer, just a highly
litigious individual.)

The current incarnation of the site is full of vile libels against
various Wikipedians, including Jimbo... and also myself.  Various
accusations are made including claiming people to be terrorists,
pedophiles, stalkers, advocates of the violent overthrow of the
government, and so on.  In my own case, he accuses me of writing
death threats and soliciting violence and murder on Wikipedia, a
statement that's completely devoid of any semblance of truth.

And I thought [[Daniel Brandt]] and his "Hive Mind" page (which also
lists me, with false and misleading statements) was bad.

--
== Dan ==