[WikiEN-l] "Inclusionist" and "Deletionist" labels

Daniel P. B. Smith wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com
Sun Jan 22 23:00:46 UTC 2006

> That kind of us-versus-them attitude is bound to make achieving a
> solution more difficult.  Those who really want to find solutions are
> careful to avoid using the words "inclusionist" or "deletionist".
> Characterizations that put participants in one camp or the other are
> just not helpful.

I haven't been following this... but _if_ the people being so
characterized have by any chance chosen to list _themselves_ in either

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Association_of_Inclusionist_Wikipedians/Members

or

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Deletionist_Wikipedians

then they must take responsibility for their self-chosen labels.

I will do no more than suggest mildly that it would improve Meta if
these articles... and all the other similar ones... were deleted.