[WikiEN-l] Dealing with crap deletion nominations

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 19:40:59 UTC 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Haukur Þorgeirsson wrote:

> An interesting idea but the research needed to study every single AfD
> case, read the discussion and make an informed decision to keep or
> delete
> is far far beyond what a single person can accomplish. We need lots of
> experienced people doing that job. Which is exactly the system we
> currently have.

Well, yeah. That would be stupid. Just like having Raul single-
handedly decide the articles he wanted to be featured would be dumb.

Empowering David to look at a discussion and say "What the hell are
you smoking," then to make a sane decision, on the other hand, does
make sense. Particularly when you figure he would mostly not look
into uncontroversial things in the first place.

-Phil