[WikiEN-l] Google Earth copyright (now that you bring it up)

grm_wnr grmwnr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 21:29:10 UTC 2006

Stan Shebs wrote:
>  In fact, the quotes are a
> more serious problem for the freeness goal, because while the images
> are tagged and filterable, the quotes are not easily removable.
>
> Stan

That's why I suggest moving all free-license pictures over to Commons as
soon as possible. Filtering out non-local images is even easier, and
everything on Common is free, at least in theory (people mistag images
all the time, but there's nothing we can do about that except delete
them when we find them). I would even go as far as to use different
syntaxes for Commons and local images to make parsing local ones out
extremely trivial. Oh, and I'd also like a simpler way to transwiki free
images to Commons...

grm_wnr