[WikiEN-l] Another AfD example

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at octa4.net.au
Sat Jan 21 02:54:40 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 12:35:17AM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:

> On 21 Jan 2006, at 00:24, Tony Sidaway wrote:
>
> >On 1/20/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>Working for Camden Council does not mean your company deserves an
> >>entry on wikipedia.
> >
> >Now this is precisely the kind of statement that I find problematic on
> >Wikipedia.  Camden is a major London borough--the NHS trust and the
> >British multinational oil company BP, who are also customers who have
> >used this company's product for major operations involving decisions
> >on the commitment of hundreds of millions of pounds, are also major
> >concerns.  That this company produces a product that was entrusted by
> >all three (and these three chosen at random from a dozen or so) counts
> >for rather a lot.  It is not to be written off by  facile, thoughtless
> >statements such as the above.
>
> Ah you have expanded the detail, made more of a justification of
> notability.
> Once you add "hundereds of millions of pounds", add that these were only
> a few of the customers.
>
> Typical example of the article that as a stub doesnt appear notable but
> when expanded seems obviously reasonable.
>
> Maybe an {{inprogress}} tag would be usefulo for people making stubs
> that they want to do bit by bit.

That does seem a good idea.

I've been on this list ofr a few days but this is my first post.

Brian [[User:Bduke]]

         Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) b_duke at octa4.net.au
       Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia
    Phone 03-93992847. http://members.iinet.net.au/~linden1/brian/
Honorary Researcher Fellow, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, Monash Univ.