[WikiEN-l] Another AfD example

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:32:51 UTC 2006

> I do not know the exact solution to this problem, but this is part of an
> ongoing problem with have *most particularly with bios of living people
> and existing companies*.  "I haven't heard of this" seems to be an
> instant excuse for "non-notable" and "AfD", which is offensive to the
> subjects, when the real approach should be _at a bare minimum_ and
> effort at dialogue with other editors *before* jumping to a "vote".

I've had three companies pop up on my radar recently.  Two I've
already written about in Pointless deletions. Another has shown up on
deletion review where there is all kind of petty quibbling over a
company that on its website gives actual case studies--which I've no
reason to doubt are accurate and are in any case verfiable--involving
really major customers such as Camden Borough Council, BP Upstream and
so on.  There is some discussion but it seems mostly to be along the
lines of "well it doesn't meet [NAME OF STRINGENT GUIDELINE] so it was
a valid deletion."  Why are we deleting stuff like this for such
pusilanimous reasons?