[WikiEN-l] a new category for the living

Carbonite carbonite.wp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:30:29 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, David Boothroyd <david at election.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> "charles matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> writes:
> >Bryan Derksen wrote
> >
> >>  It'd help locate some of those if the living-person list were sorted by
> >>  birth year, everyone over 120 years or so old is probably missing a death
> >>  date.
> >
> >I'm beginning to wonder about all this.
> >
> >Adding [[Category:Living person]] - is that suppposed to be fact-checked or
> >what?  [[Category:No death date]], that would be fine.
>
> A while back I wrote an article about [[Elizabeth Cass]] who was a minor
> cause celebre in 1887. She was born in 1863 but never hit the headlines
> again. I assume she died sometime in the 1920s or 1930s but nowhere is
> there any confirmation. She has a birth year category but no death year
> category.
>
> Would she be tagged as a 'Living person'?

As a side note, there is [[Category:Year of death missing]] for those
people that are known to be dead, but we don't currently have a
verifiable year of death. Unless Elizabeth Cass is setting some world
records for longevity, she'd probably be a good candidate for the
category. In fact, I'm going to add it right now.

Carbonite