[WikiEN-l] a new category for the living

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:55:38 UTC 2006

Danny wrote:

>I am writing this to announce the creation of a new category
>on Wikipedia-English: [[Category:Living people]]. The category
>should include the articles of all people who are still alive.

This is a useful concept - we can set up a meaningful Living Bio
patrol! - but how many biographies do we have? (I would *guess* 90% of
our bio articles would have living subjects.)

Remember that Category:stub was sorted because it became unusably huge
- if your article name didn't start with A, it wouldn't get looked at.
Our living bios *should* be sorted into many categories; presumably we
will have an assiduous Living Bio sorting project?

- d.