[WikiEN-l] AFD courtesy problem

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 17 21:59:26 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote

> It is increasingly common that non-notable people write to me after they
> find their own name in Wikipedia via a google search.  They are finding,
> of course, their own AFD entry.

Despite a great deal of adverse comment, certainly on this list, we do seem
stuck with AfD as monolithic, unsegmented, and to a large extent the lowest
common denominator of behaviour.

How about, first, just making AfD for biographies a separate institution?
And secondly, making a policy framework for it?  And thirdly enforcing that
framework more rigorously than for discussion about - well, minor Star Wars
backstory characters or whatever?

Charles