[WikiEN-l] Unnecessary fork update

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:19:25 UTC 2006

> I don't know what license they've picked. But you appear to be
> phrasing the above so as to imply that us disgusting people so much
> they don't even want to bother with Wikipedia is not in fact a
> problem, if they picked a non-commercial license anyway, so we can
> just ignore having had that effect on people. Huh?

That's not what I was trying to imply, and sorry if it came off that way. I
put it in parentheses as an apparently unsuccessful attempt to make clear it
was somewhat of a side-comment from the other issues, and in fact as a
comment it lends more to your line of argumentation than a contrary one.
That is: if people fork, they'll probably pick non-commercial licenses,
because most people are more worried about being "commercially exploited"
than they are about creating "truly free" material. Which, IF true, means
that most forks would be totally incompatible with Wikipedia even if we did
change the more glaring difficulties with the GFDL.

FF