[WikiEN-l] userbox : insanity ?

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:41:40 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, John Lee <johnleemk at gawab.com> wrote:

> Peter Mackay wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >

> >Don't think that this place is subject to the same sort of standards you
> >expect in a court of law or even the due process of a government body.
> It's
> >just a website, and the people running the show are all busy doing other
> >stuff and while they are happy to assume the rank and power of their
> >position, their top priority isn't listening to you point out their
> >shortcomings, it's getting an encyclopaedia built.
> >
> >Accept that from your point of view the system is crooked and rigged and
> get
> >on with it. Complaining about it only gets everyone offside.
> >
> >As I discovered.
> >
> >Peter (Skyring)
> >

> I couldn't have put it better. [[WP:NOT]] a social experiment - it's an
> encyclopedia. For some people, this is too much to accept, but the rest
> of us who are here to write an encyclopedia couldn't care less.

To add to this, those who are here to fight vandals also couldn't care less
about half of the WikiLawyering that goes on around here.  Sometimes I think
the people involved in that particular sector of the Wiki automagically
assume that they're the only section of the Wiki anymore.

--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.