[WikiEN-l] kelvSYC's take on userboxes

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:39:10 UTC 2006

kelvSYC wrote:
>geni wrote:
>>kelvSYC wrote:
<snip>
>>> * The userbox fad, if left unchecked, may infect other stuff too...
>>> such as a userbox for "this IP is blocked", "this user is blocked",
>>> "this user has requested that the page be protected from  movement",
>>> etc.
>>>

>> {{subst:test5}}?
>

> What would prevent someone, say, an admin, from rewriting this in
> userbox (albeit a large one) form...?  And if a block is appealed,  what
> would prevent someone from writing their rebuttal in userbox form?

The fact that they are limited to editing their talk page? :)

Seriously, I don't see why people like userboxes so much. It's a bit
like the AfD (or was it VfD?) vote counting/reason for deletion boxes...

Little boxes, little boxes, all made of ticky-tacky...

Here's my solution for all the people who have done more editing to
userboxes and their userpages than to articles: go start
http://www.userboxes.com/ and get the hell off of our encyclopedia, you
morons. [[WP:NOT]] a webhost.