[WikiEN-l] How to bring back people who don't want to bother?

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:40:46 UTC 2006

> On 1/12/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
> > To tie back to AfD, if it were a project's prerogative to define
> > deletion criteria, then AfD could become more of a routing mechanism
> > that delegates articles' fates to projects. I'm not going to scan
> > AfD every day on the off-chance that a nautical topic comes up, but
> > would take time for a lower-volume "AfD/Ships", for instance.
> >
> > Stan
>
> See the International whaleing commission for why this is a really bad
> idea. And why wikiproject schools would probably end up as the largest
> on wikipedia.

Ergo my earlier suggestion that, if we give more autonomy to
WikiProjects, we should have some sort of community accreditation for
it.  In other words, it would be up to the community at large to
delegate control to each specific project as necessary.  WikiProject
Schools may be too contentious, and may therefore be refused such
authority; but for many projects this would not be an issue.

Kirill Lokshin