[WikiEN-l] Re: Nobs

David Boothroyd david at election.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 00:00:08 UTC 2006

"charles matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> writes:

>I don't think a whole load of Maoist-style self-criticism
>should actually be required of those who fall foul of the ArbCom.  But Clem
>Attlee to Harold Laski usually applies.

Shockingly this quote appears in the biography of neither, nor on
Wikiquote - I must change that! It is, oddly in [[Talk:Herbert Morrison]].

(Laski, then Chairman of the Labour Party, wrote to Attlee, then Leader
and just appointed as Prime Minister, after the 1945 election to say
that he should now have a leadership election. Attlee wrote back that "A
period of silence on your part would be welcome")
--
David Boothroyd - http://www.election.demon.co.uk
david at election.demon.co.uk (home)