[WikiEN-l] Re: Fwd: 6 Free Offers - Clearance - Extended until 31st January

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Wed Jan 11 16:28:02 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>I asked Arkady if there was a public link to the discussion. She said:
>

>>You have to be a member of DoA to read most of the threads, so no - it's
>>not publically viewable. However from a quick glance through the
>>discussion as it stands, the overwhelming consensus is "fuck WP" - only
>>more polite than that. They don't want to get involved with the
>>insidious bureaucracy and delete-happy morons, and frankly I don't blame
>>them. They want to share their enjoyment of dolls, not get caught up in
>>stupid edit-wars with Cat Piss Men.
>>And you can quote me on that, too.
>>

>Note, by the way, that this field has NOT yet been through the AFD
>grinder that schools and webcomics have been through - rather, they're
>another group who have seen the rubbish going on there and decided
>"bugger that."
>
>Who will be next? Who will be next that we don't hear about until well
>after the event?
>
>Tell me that's not AFD culture being directly damaging to Wikipedia,
>now and for the future.
>
>The AC has resoundingly failed to deal with the issue. (And I
>apologise myself for being marked away at the time.) It needs dealing
>with. Who can or will do something about it that will stick?
>

>- d.

While I understand the webcomics concern, what do schools have to do
with this? Just because I'm an expert on the schools I've attended
doesn't give me the right to whinge about them being deleted (which I'd
gladly vote to do). I think things have gotten out of hand where schools
are concerned -- the only reason I don't vote delete on most of them is
because there's, ironically, *too much* of a backlash against deleting
schools, to the point where being a school alone is good enough to merit
inclusion in an encyclopedia.

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])