[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia Blocked IP address 82.148.97.67 is for the whole counrty!

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:55:08 UTC 2006

On 09/01/06, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> The whole country has only one IP address?

82.148.97.67 is proxy.qatar.net.qa

Bear in mind that a single proxy server at an ISP can cover a
surprisingly large number of individuals... and many small countries
have, in effect, only one ISP. I have a recollection this is not the
first time we've effectively blocked most if not all of a country; was
it Thailand that got hit before?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk